The Hitchhikers guide to Citrix CCEE and CCIA certfication – Part 4 (Updated February 2013)
Get CCEE certified in 4-5 months and CCIA certified in 6 months
Month 2/next three weeks: CCAA XenApp Advanced Administration
Apply study rule #1 and #2 from Part1:
Study rule 1#: Book the exam before you start studying, this will make sure that you have a deadline to work to. Do not reschedule the exam unless absolutely necessary, use the time pressure that you might experience to put more effort into studying.
Study rule 2#: Once you get studying and you pass the 1st exam/module then continue with studying for the other required exams/models right away. If you take a break between the exams that is longer than 1-2 two weeks it will take you more effort to get used to studying and you will forget what you learned from the previous exams.
Study Advanced Administration for XenApp 6.50
For the full CCAA certification you also need XenApp 6.5 CCA.
Exam 1Y0-A22 is the most recent available Advanced Administration available for XenApp.
- Book exam 1Y0-A22 (XenApp 6.5 Advanced Administration)
- Read the 1Y0-A22 enablement guide carefully and make sure you have sufficient knowledge about all the topics listed in the guide, documents and articles listed in the guide have been used during exam development.
- Read the 1Y0-A22 Citrix XenApp 6.5 Advanced Administration Resource Guide on Citrixxperience.com
- Purchase the online self-paced training for XenApp 6.5 Advanced Administration course CXA-301 if you need more training.
- Use Citrix eDocs and Citrix white papers for more in-depth information or to find answers to questions you might have.
- Build a virtual test farm and install Citrix XenApp 6.5, the license server and Citrix web interface in the test farm. Microsoft has Windows Server evaluation versions available and Citrix also has evaluation versions available
- You can use Virtualbox (free) to setup your virtual test environment if you have sufficient CPU and Memory resources on your pc/laptop or Windows Server (Hyper-V) on a 2nd disk or partition on your laptop. Windows 8 now has a client version of Hyper-V that you can enable if your pc/laptop has a CPU that will support this.
Part 5 / Month 4-5 will describe how to study for the Citrix Certified Enterprise Engineer (CCEE)
You can find part 5 here (part 5 will be updated soon)
You can find part 3 here
You can find part 2 here
you can find part 1 here