Part two of the Hitchhikers guide to MCSE: Desktop Infrastructure will help with studying for exam 70-415 Implementing a Desktop Infrastrcuture. After achieving the MSCA Server 2012 certification you need to pass exam 70-415 and 70-416 to achieve the MCSE: Desktop Infrastructure certification.
You can find part one this will describe all the required exams for MCSE: Desktop Infrastructure and general study tips here
Apply study rule #1 and #2 from Part1:
Study rule 1#: Book the exam before you start studying, this will make sure that you have a deadline to work to. Do not re-schedule the exam unless absolutely necessary, use the time pressure that you might experience to put more effort into studying.
Study rule 2#: Once you get studying and you pass the 1st exam then continue with studying for the other required exams right away. If you take a break between the exams that is longer than 1-2 two weeks it will take you more effort to get used to studying again and you will forget what you learned from the previous exams.
Study 70-415 Implementing a Desktop Infrastructure:
- Book exam 70-415 Implementing a Desktop Infrastructure
- Read the exam details carefully and especially all information listed under “Skills Measured” These skills have been identified as sections that will be covered in the exam and you can expect one more questions on in this exam for each topic listed.
- Purchase the self study book from Microsoft Press when it becomes available in September 2013
- CBT Nuggets has a training recorded on video than can be purchased here
- Use Microsoft TechNet wiki , the TechNet Library or the TechNet Blogs for more information or to find answers to questions you might have.
- Build a virtual test farm and install the required servers to test/try all the technology listed in the exam details under “Skills Measured” with Server 2012. Microsoft has evaluation versions available for Windows Server 2012 and for the System Center products.
- You can use Windows 8 Hyper-V, Server 2012 Hyper-V, Virtualbox (free) or VMware Player (free) to setup your virtual test environment. Note that the Remote Desktop Services Virtualization host role that you will need to test the VDI deployment will require a physical server (or virtualization software that allows to run a Hypervisor virtualized on a Hypervisor, also known as Hypervisor nesting )
- For additional questions on this exam you can ask questions in the TechNet Training and Certification forum or contact Microsoft Born to learn on twitter at @MSLearning or on the Born to Learn blog
You can find Part 1 here
You can find Part 3 here