The Hitchhikers guide to Citrix CCEE and CCIA certification – Part 2 (updated September 2012)
Get CCEE certified in 4-5 months and CCIA certified in 6 months
Month 2/next three weeks: CCA XenServer
Apply study rule #1 and #2 from Part1:
Study rule 1#: Book the exam before you start studying, this will make sure that you have a deadline to work to. Do not reschedule the exam unless absolutely necessary, use the time pressure that you might experience to put more effort into studying.
Study rule 2#: Once you get studying and you pass the 1st exam/module then continue with studying for the other required exams/models right away. If you take a break between the exams that is longer than 1-2 two weeks it will take you more effort to get used to studying and you will forget what you learned from the previous exams.
Study XenServer 6, the exam for XenServer 6 is the most recent XenServer exam currently available.
The XenServer exam will require basic knowledge about storage solutions, high availability, command line interface (CLI) commands and Provisioning Server.
- Book exam 1Y0-A026 (XenServer 6.0)
- Read the 1Y0-a26 enablement guide carefully and make sure you have sufficient knowledge about all the topics listed in the guide, documents and articles listed in the guide have been used during exam development.
- Read the 1y0-A26 Citrix XenServer 6.0 resources overview on citrixxperience.com
- Follow the free Citrix XenServer 6.0 Overview
- Use Citrix eDocs and Citrix white papers for more in-depth information.
- White papers
- XenServer admin guide for XenServer 6.0
- Watch the XenServer 6 Masterclass video
- Purchase Citrix online e-learning for XenServer course CXS-203-1W Administering XenServer 6.0 if you need more training on XenServer 6
- Build a test server with the following components:
– Citrix XenServer (XenServer requires Intel-VT or AMD-V support from the hardware and CPU. It will work with most onboard SATA controllers and onboard Network cards used in common laptops and PC’s). Some client based hypervisors like WMware Workstation will allow to run XenServer virtualized in a VM)
– To Emulated shared storage on a XenServer you can use the free OpenFiler appliance for XenServer.
– You can emulate a NFS or iSCSI NAS/SAN with the OpenFiler virtual appliance
Part 3 / month 3 will describe how to study for Citrix XenDesktop 5
You can find part 3 here
You can find part 2 here
you can find part 1 here